It is the time of the year when our hearts and minds turn to a remembrance of the birth of our Savior. We hope you have a joyful Christmas and a happy New Year. This will be the last article for 2010! We will return on the second Sunday of 2011!
There is still time for FamilySearch to give us some gifts for Christmas this year:
- beta.familysearch.org may replace familysearch.org before the end of the year. The US Social Security Death Index was added on 9 December. The Pedigree Resource File has not been added to beta.familysearch.org yet . We expect a link added so you can go back to what may be called the “Classic” view (i.e. current familysearch.org) so you can get to Pedigree Resource File if it isn’t moved in time.
- An update to new.familysearch.org which will include a notification feature that will allow you to “watch” individuals in your family tree and receive an e-mail notification when information about them changes. ”For now, the notification identifies the following types of changes:
• Someone changes the individual’s summary.
• Someone starts a new discussion or adds a comment to an existing discussion.
• Someone combines an individual that you are watching with another record.
• Someone separates a record from an individual that you are watching.
The notification e-mail will eventually list more types of changes.”
We also hope that someone will give Macintosh users a FH program that gives at least the same tools and integration with nFS as Windows users have! This will happen . . . We hope it is soon.
Thank you for all your dedication and hard work in 2010
Every best wish to you and your family.