Do you ever get asked for a blank family group record, or a pedigree chart or a research log? I know you probably are thinking – I can get the first 2 of those from within PAF (or whatever FH recordkeeping program you are using *), but there is an easy way to get blank forms in pdf format from FamilySearch.org.
- Go to familysearch.org
- Select Learn – near top of screen (which takes you to the wiki)
- Type in the name of the form you want and search e.g. family group record
- Select the response entitled “Use Appropriate Forms” – it is usually in the top 2 or 3 – or you could have done the search for “Appropriate Forms”
- Select the type of form you want from the list
- At the bottom of the first paragraph is a link to the pdf file
- You can then either print the blank form and/or save the file to your computer
As you do this you will probably see lots of other interesting things . . . .
Note of warning – sometimes you see a blank form on the screen – clicking on it will not get you a pdf file (you will get a .png file)
* to get the blank forms from your PAF or other record keeping program go to print a report – select the type of report and look for the button which allows you to print just a blank form – in PAF this is the right button in the section Type of Report when you to print a FGR or Ped – each of the other recordkeeping programs does this a little differently.