- There is now one help centre shared by FamilySearch.org and new.FamilySearch.org.
- Learn to use the new Help Centre! – go to nFS then Help Center (or FamilySearch.org and click on Help) – then Especially for new.FamilySearch.org then See the Whole List – then “Using this new Help Center”
- For Tutorials and Guides for nFS scroll down to the section Especially for new.familysearch.org and click on See the Whole List
- Some of the training resources have been moved to the updated Consultant.familysearch.org website (see #2 below)
- How do I view My Cases? Go to Help then select Contact FamilySearch (on right of screen) and then View My Cases.
- Consultant.familysearch.org has been updated so the site does more than allow you to register
- If you are a new FH Consultant register at consultant.familysearch.org
- Sign in when you first go to the site and you have 2 choices:
- Training – for online training and other resources that you used to access under the Training and Resources tab at the old Help Center
- Preferences – can edit your profile – such as updating your email address, telephone number, calling
- new.FamilySearch has been updated
- Now at version .994 and there will be some public access. Basically they are testing the public access interface with a few people.
- There are 2 versions of the What’s New document for this update: (1) Using the link under News and Updates on the sign in page shows a getting started document written for new public users. (2) Use the new link to What’s New at the top left on the nFS home page (that is the page that appears after you sign in and has Welcome and your name). If you go to the Help Center then Especially for new.FamilySearch.org and then See Whole List, you will see both What’s New documents! One is for LDS and one for the public!
- On the sign in page is a message “Your contact preferences have been reset to show your contact name and e-mail address only. To change your contact preferences, click Update My Profile and Preferences on the Home page.” In other words, in preparation for public use of the site they have reset the preferences so that only contact names and email addresses show. As far as I am concerned that is all you should be showing! Putting up your street address and telephone number is, in my opinion, not a good idea. Please continue to teach people only to share their contact name and email address.
- Change in link Sign in to Help Someone Else – default is for helping a member of the public (only asks for contact name and helper access number) – to help a member you need to click on “use a full name and birth date instead of the contact name” otherwise you won’t be able to sign in to help a member.
I probably missed some changes . . . and reserve the right to tell you as soon as I find them!
This changes every handout and every presentation we have!
I assume that we will get an email from FamilySearch telling us about these things . . . but I didn’t want to wait.