How many videos are there in the complete 5 Minute Genealogy Series? Answer: 25! The final episode is now available. These are a great introduction to Family History.
Here is a complete list of the titles in the series:
1. Find a Record
2. The Circle of Success
3. Record What You Know
4. Learn From Family
5. Choose an Ancestor and Question
6. Locating Your Ancestor
7. Records – Have I Got Something for You
8. Find a Record
9. Using Indexes
10. Using Name Variations to Find a Record
11. Find Help from Others Online
12. Learn From a Record
13. Write It Down
14. Organize Your Records
15. Evaluate the Information
16. Share With Others
17. What’s Next
18. Get Help with Locations
19. Get Help In-Person
20. Get Help from Others Researching the Same Name
21. Getting Help with Using Family History Products
22. Get Help Sharing My Knowledge
23. I Want to Interview a Living Relative
24. I Want to Learn More About Sourcing
25. I Want to Improve My Handwriting Skills
Where do you find the 5 Minute Genealogy videos?
- At FamilySearch.org under Learn and then click on Getting Started. Under the window showing Episode 1 there are thumbnails for the first 8 episodes. There is an arrow to the right of the thumbnails that takes you to the rest of the episodes – 8 at a time! This link also works: http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/fhd/Community/fr/FamilySearch/5Minute/index.html
- At FamilySearch.org under Learn and then select Research Courses. You will see some of the episodes immediately and you can search for the rest.
- At YouTube.com – go to the FamilySearch channel. At YouTube you can download an episode (and not be left dependent on the Internet bandwidth when you are teaching a class!). There are various 3rd party tools to download from YouTube. We use http://keepvid.com/
The first eight episodes are now available in 9 other languages. Please go here to see the latest episodes:
· FamilySearch are reviewing all 25 episodes, color correcting, and tightening some edits based on testing.
· The remaining 16 episodes will be made available in all ten languages
· Add episodes to new language sites
· The handouts and descriptions are being translated for all languages.
Hint: Use the Subject Language filters at FamilySearch.org to help with navigation
As always please send Feedback to FamilySearch – comments, suggestions, words of praise . . .